Cobb County Jail Information
The Cobb County Adult Detention Center houses all pretrial inmates in the area. You’ll find the detention center at 1825 County Services Pkwy, Marietta, GA 30008. You can call the facility anytime at (770) 499-4200. For more Cobb County jail information, continue reading below.
Visitation Rules and Hours
Before you schedule a visit, make sure that each visitor completes the registration process. To make things a little easier (and faster), you can always pre-register online at GTL Visit Me, or at the self-sever kiosk at the Visitation Center for the facility.
On the day of your visit, all applicants must supply a valid government-issued photo identification to the staff at the Visitation Center between 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. At the Cobb County Adult Detention Center, visitors are NOT subject to security screenings before a visit. However, all state laws and regulations are strictly enforced throughout every step of the visitation process.
Please register for your visit at least 24 hours in advance. You’re allowed to schedule an appointment between one and seven days before your visit is to take place. To register and schedule your visit, you have three options:
- Online via GTL Visit Me (24/7)
- In-person at the self-service kiosk at the Visitation Center (24/7)
- Calling 770-852-37998 or 770-852-3799 (9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. every day except for Wednesday)
Additional Visitation Center Rules
Other rules for the Visitation Center at the Cobb County Adult Detection Center include:
- Up to 4 visitors may be scheduled for one visit. An adult shall accompany individuals 17 years of age and under. Visitors 18 years of age and older must present a valid government-issued photo identification before each visit. (Cobb County Sheriff’s Office Website)
- Visits are scheduled on the hour and are 30 minutes in duration. Late check-in is allowed until 15 minutes past the hour; however, the visit will not be extended due to late arrival. A visit will be forfeited if check-in occurs more than 15 minutes after the scheduled visit. (Cobb County Sheriff’s Office Website)
- All visitors must be dressed appropriately and conservatively. Halter and/or tank tops, see-through clothing, bare-midriffs, and spaghetti straps are not allowed. Shorts/skirts (no more than 2 inches above the knee) are acceptable. Shoes must be worn at all times. (Cobb County Sheriff’s Office Website)
- Food, drinks, cellular phones, and other prohibited items are not allowed in the visitation area. The Adult Detention Center is a tobacco-free facility. (Cobb County Sheriff’s Office Website)
Inmate Mail Rules and Regulations
You can send both correspondence and money to inmates housed in the Cobb County jail location. Address all mail to:
Cobb County Jail Cobb County Jail
Inmate Full Name and ID Number
P.O. Box 100110
Marietta, GA 30061
Please note that items other than greeting cards and photographs (absolutely no Polaroids) are restricted. Any “correspondence deemed offensive, sexually explicit or any material that poses a risk to the security of the facility will be returned to sender” (Cobb County Sheriff’s Office Website). To send money, visit the Inmate Accounts-Deposits and Withdrawals section of the Cobb County website found here.
As far as sending books and periodicals to inmates, they must be direct from the publisher or online distributor (like Amazon). Hardback books are never acceptable.
Calling an Inmate at the Cobb County Jail Location
According to the Adult Detention Center’s website:
“Inmates may not receive incoming phone calls. Absent any administrative reasons or disciplinary restrictions, an inmate is free to place phone calls daily at select times. Inmates may place a collect phone call, provided the recipient has established an account through the agency’s service provider. Telephone service is provided by Global Tel Link, Inc and the current rate for a phone call is .12 cents per minute. The rates charged are regulated by the Federal Communication Commission (FCC) and approved by the Georgia Public Service Commission.”
Need Bail? We Can Help
If you or a loved one finds themselves locked up at the Cobb County jail location, then we can help. Here at Anytime Bail Bonding, Inc., we offer fast, reliable, and completely affordable Cobb County bail services. So, don’t sit behind bars longer than you have to! Contact us today!
Call us today for your free consultation:
1-888-722-0314 or click on a location below for more information.