Columbia County Jail Information
If you’ve been looking for Columbia County jail information, including contact information, visitation rules and regulations, and hours of operation, then you’ve come to the right place!
In Columbia County, pretrial inmates are housed at the Detention Center at the local Sheriff’s Department. You can contact the jail anytime by calling the Sheriff’s Department at (706) 541-0754. You can visit the facility at 2273 County Camp Road, Appling, GA 30802.
To visit the Columbia County jail location, you must follow the following rules (taken directly from the Detention Center’s website):
- All inmates assigned to permanent housing units except for those who have lost their visiting privileges through the disciplinary process will be allowed to have three (3) twenty (20) minute visits with friends or family weekly.
- For on-site visitation, visitors under the age of 18, except legal spouses of inmates, are required to be accompanied by a parent or guardian during the visit. At no time will facility staff be permitted to supervise any visitor’s children.
- We require proper attire for all visitors. Inappropriate clothing such as halter tops, swimwear, revealing clothing, see-through clothing, sleepwear, or any other clothing that may be deemed unacceptable will not be permitted.
- On-site visitors who appear to be under the influence of any intoxicant or display unruly behavior will not be permitted to visit and are subject to arrest.
- Visitors and inmates are required to display appropriate behavior during visits.
- On-site visitors are required to leave the visitation area upon announcement of the end of the visitation period or at any time as directed by a member of the Detention Facility staff.
To schedule a visit, or to have any questions you may have promptly answered, contact the visitation center at 1-877-578-3658. You can also schedule video visitation online through the Securus Technologies website.
Leaving and Picking Up Property
You can leave property for inmates at the Detention Center Lobby at any time. According to the Detention Center’s website, the following items are acceptable:
- Clothes for inmates in a JURY TRIAL. These items will be accepted no sooner than 24 hours before the court appearance and must be picked up immediately upon completion of the trial, once the inmate returns to the Detention Center. Clothing not picked up will be destroyed and disposed of.
- We reserve the right to prohibit Inhalers, valid medications, prescription eyeglasses, etc. The medical staff will screen these items issuing them.
Contact Anytime Bail Bonding, Inc. for More Information
If you’d like more Columbia County jail information, or if you’d like to bail out an inmate, then please don’t hesitate to contact us here at Anytime Bail Bonding, Inc. We are always standing by to help!
Call us today for your free consultation:
1-888-722-0314 or click on a location below for more information.